19 July 2007

 

queso fundido


queso fundido
Originally uploaded by KarenSaraGaches
For lunch yesterday I had "queso fundido" which is basically melted cheese. It's done in the oven (in a little clay dish, if possible) and eaten with corn tortillas, which are more popular in the north of the country (rather than the maize ones common here.) As far as I know you cook the additional ingredients until they are nearly done, then put it all in the oven. I used Edam cheese yesterday as I happened to have some but any cheese that melts will do. I believe Oaxaca cheese is normally used here.

You can try "queso fundido" with just cheese or a variety of ingredients - the most common being mushrooms, "rajas de chile poblano" (slices of poblano chilli) or chorizo (spicey sausage.) This one has nopalitos (cactus) and chipotle chilli.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?