27 June 2007

 

chilli guajillo soup


chilli guajillo soup 2
Originally uploaded by KarenSaraGaches
Finally - my chilli guajillo soup. I hadn't made it since we moved back to Atlacomulco and Rafa was just dying for some (and so was I!) Right, how to make it. This actually takes longer than most of my cooking but it's well worth it.

Ingredients
chilli guajillo (bought dried)
red tomatoes
green tomatoes (about half the amount of the red)
onion - a couple of slices
garlic - one clove
oil
salt
panela cheese

1. Boil the chillies. You'll know they are ready as they go from dark red to a much lighter colour. (I use about 6 or 7. Take the pips out before you cook them.)
2. Fry the onion, garlic and chopped green tomatoes. When they are almost cooked at the chopped red tomatoes. Cover and simmer until cooked. (I use about 9 red tomatoes to about 6 green ones.)
3. Put the chillies and the tomato mixture in the blender and blend with a little water. (I use some of the water I boiled the chillies in.)
4.Heat a little oil in a saucepan.
5. Sieve the sauce mixture into the oil in the saucepan. Add salt and fry on a low heat until it's all mixed nicely. (It just takes a few minutes.)
6. Chop the Panela cheese into cubes. Add to the sauce.
7. Serve hot with chunky bread.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?